Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Why you should accept spontaneous dinner invitations


I love it when other people do their spring cleaning, especially if they are thoughtful enough to leave things outside for me to find.  One night after spontaneous dinner at a friend's house I came across a large silver-color frame with a matted print inside, and cracked glass.
   (Pardon the grainy photo, it was taken at night so I had to lighten it up a bit.)

Cracked glass, but worth the weight of carrying it home.

 Even though the glass was cracked I carried the whole thing home a few blocks.  Nothing like some light lifting of freestyle finds after dinner to make the evening feel like a true adventure.

Oh glass, why you gotta be that way?
 Once home I was able to safely remove the glass and safely dispose of it inside a cardboard box.  After cleaning the frame I had to find a suitable new piece of art to frame since the original print, while striking, doesn't flow with the rest of our decor.

Solution, a map!


I found a colorful city map  with the right dimensions to fit the existing mat opening.  I haven't replaced the broken glass with any new glazing material, but with the original backing, matting, and spring clips the piece looks neat and tidy.

Happy freestyling.