Tuesday, March 19, 2019

oh Wood(en table) I

I have the most wonderful friends. They know what I am like, they know what I like like, and they aren't afraid to keep an eye out and send me text messages of random furniture at 5:44pm on a Thursday night, knowing that I'd be interested. Luckily it was a non-raining Thursday night when this little image popped up on my phone with the information that it was sitting at a particular intersection.

Looking for a new home...


Already being in possession of two wooden dining tables, and another cafe table that's in storage, I didn't need it for myself. However, I have a friend who was moving into a new apartment the following week (!) and needed furniture. Such coincidence! I texted her and asked if she was interesting, and coincidently she had just landed at the airport and was looking for an excuse to walk around after a long flight. I gathered up my tools, including a random fleece blanket and some tape, and headed over for some furniture disassembly fun.  Once we found the table it was short work of removing the legs.  It was a bit longer work carrying it to it's new building, but the new owner is very strong, she pretended the solid maple tabletop was a surfboard and carried it most of the way on her head.

Human table mover


























After some reassembly and a small repair here is that formerly cast-off table, in a shiny new home and ready to host some tasty tasty meals.

I want to be shiny, like the treasure.....





















Free table, free chair, free throw pillows, free plant centerpiece.

























Happy freestyling, it takes a network!