Tuesday, June 2, 2020

The Perfect Patio Set in Boldest Yellow

The Find

With so much time spent at home, and the arrival of spring, I decided it was time to have a proper dining table and pair of chairs on the patio. Naturally I turned to second-hand sites on the internet because I'd rather buy local than have something large and heavy shipped for afar.  The tricky limitation was the size of the available transport vehicle, a small 4-door car.  I was searching for bistro sets when I came across a listing for two metal chairs and a table -- I was over the moon. They were painted bright yellow and so cute! So garden-appropriate (there wasn't much of a patio garden at that point, but that's a story for another post).  I set a pickup time, and the seller sweetened the offer, without any asking on my part, by simply giving it away for free. So lovely!

The Transport

Luckily the pickup was not too far away, but I was still worried about it fitting into a small car. But one of the chairs (So. Heavy.) folds up and fit in the trunk, and somehow the table and other non-folding chair fit into the back seat.  Here is a photo I took from the front seat.
Tip: always bring towels or some sort of padding when you are picking up furniture, you never know where you'll need cushioning!


























The Joyous Use
Once the patio set arrived in its new home it got a bath on the lawn to wash away the dust.
















After that all we had to do was let it dry and carry it up to the deck and sit down for a snack to enjoy the new dining space.

Conclusion

Thank you person who gave away this patio set!  Your generosity is appreciated every single day whenever I look out the kitchen window, sit down for a meal, or just step out onto the patio.  I'm still pinching myself at my luck.

Happy freestyling!