Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Umbrella Karma

I rarely buy umbrellas, mostly because it is super easy to find one that is slightly broken and fix it.  Don't believe me?  Just wait for a rainy day and walk around a city.  You'll see.  A needle and thread and maybe a scrap of fabric is usually all it takes.
Umbrella repair instructions aside, I had lost, an umbrella last summer by leaving it under a seat at a restaurant. It was one that I had paid for because I was out of town and caught in a downpour, bummer. I hope whoever found it will love it forever.  

The umbrella karma wheel turned when I found this in the loading dock one night.  
Someone was clearly cleaning house, who tosses a perfectly good teal umbrella?  Are you moving to the desert? Then USE IT FOR PROTECTION AGAINST THE SUN!  I do this all the time, it is wonderful.


Anyway, a lucky, and very useful, find.

Happy freestyling, and try to repair an umbrella next time you find one!