Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Lotus Flower, framed

Behold the lotus flower in all its beauty.




















This summer I found a large black frame (19"x15") with black faux-velvet texture along the backing board, and the glass was intact (always a pleasant surprise).  

Frame back




















The only problem was that there seemed to be a layer missing, perhaps a matboard, that made the inserts fit the frame snugly. You can see the gap in the picture below.

Mind the gap!


Luckily I found some discarded foam-core board from a party advertisement. It must have been fancy, but I was just happy to get some free framing supplies.





I laid the original frame backing (the brown piece) on the foam-core board, traced, and cut out a piece to fit the frame.  So I had a frame, but for what?  Soon after that I was able to get some good shots of lotus flowers, and they seemed like a fitting subject for framing, so I had some 8x10s printed.

Here it is after assembling the frame and arranging the little table.  I might hang it on a wall somewhere, but for now it is happy leaning against the wall.


   And yes, almost everything you see here was free. The small statue belongs to my roommate, and of course I paid for the lotus photo print, but everything else was found for free.







Happy, peaceful, beautiful freestyling!