Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A fern reminder

Sometime in the middle of winter I found a lovely blue plant pot down by the dumpster.  Thank goodness for small favors that it wasn't IN the dumpster but rather NEXT TO it, which made it much easier to find.  Thank you mystery person for realizing that someone else would like your plant pot, that person is me....with my fern.

























Here is the Boston fern in its new home.  I would point out for all you hesitant growers that this plant has been split at least 3 times but just keeps growing back like a champ.



























Now the Boston fern has a small bromeliad neighbor in the white ceramic pot (also free). The bromeliad is a cutting that came off a plant I took care of over the winter holidays, and that plant had been an offshoot of one I originally bought. So I suppose this little guy is the grand-plant of my original. 

Full circle, yada yada yada.


























Happy freestyle gardening and paying it forward with vegetation.