Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Reborn in teal (if only we could all do that)

I'm playing a but of catch-up on the postings, but luckily I've been emailing freestyle ideas and photos to myself even though I haven't been sharing them in a timely manner. Bear with me gentle reader, for thy patience shall be rewarded with the brightest of tables.

Do you remember this mix-and-match coffee table found with a warped top? I sanded the top down (very inefficiently as I recall) and painted it white to hide the monstrosity sanding job underneath.


It was a fine coffee table and footrest for many days, but eventually I reached a point where I didn't need the coffee table anymore, probably because I was going to move (again). Such a realization coincided with a friend wanting a low table for her office to hold plants. Perfect.

Recipient Friend wanted colorful, and thus, teal spray paint joined the party.



Not the most even first coat, but that's how things go when working in a new medium.
Eventually we got to a good point, or we ran out of spray paint, by now I don't remember.


Now she lives in glossy teal splendour, with a window view and some plants for healthy decoration. Not a bad reincarnation as table reincarnations go, or so I am told.

Happy freestyling!