Tuesday, November 26, 2019

X-linked freestyle

X-fabric marks the freestyle spot

As someone who works with physical materials (paint, wood, metal, fabric, etc) I tend to accumulate all manner of supplies.  Long-time readers also know I take free things even if I'm not exaaaactly how I'm going to use them.  In my desire to avoid waste I have been known (known to myself at least) to hold on to things like fabric for a long time, we're talking years here. But sometimes the stars align and I realize it's time to clear out the old and send it along to someone else who might be able to make something of it.  Such was the case with this upholstery fabric which had been patiently waiting to become something for 3+ years.  A friend had a purple couch, and the fabric has purple in the color scheme, so she took the fabric and the loan of my sewing machine and got to work making herself some new covers for her accent pillows.

Fabric featuring small x design turned into pillow covers_3 pillows on futon couch
Freestyle for the triple win















Conclusion

The results are fabulous and fun. I couldn't be happier that I was able to help someone else in their freestyling!

Happy freestyling!