Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Flimsy Frame Find Fabulous Fish

Found: super flimsy frame from Scandinavian superstore.  

Location: Our our own street! Thanks to a friend for calling this one in as soon as he saw it. Yes, I WOULD want to go check out that pile of stuff on the sidewalk, right now!

Made of: cardboard 'backing,' thin flexible plastic front, and mystery materials (MDF?) frame with small flat metal points sticking out of the frame to hold it all together.  I would not recommend anyone buy this type of product, the metal parts fall out during normal handling, but since it was free.....


How did we freestyle it?
1. I cleaned off the frame and left it to dry.
2. Roommate trimmed this piece of goldfish-print decorative paper I had on hand. 
    (I heart Papersource, and I'm not afraid - or paid - to say it!)
3. Roommate re-assembled frame, and wrestled with it while trying to hang it on the wall.  She eventually managed to hang the frame, and get it to stay on the wall, by inserting the nail on the wall into the tiny gap between frame and cardboard backing.  Clever.


It might be a bit askew, or I could have been leaning when I took the picture....