Saturday, November 10, 2012

Orange you glad to freestyle me?

When it comes to framing pictures I don't consider myself to be limited by tradition.  Let me clarify, I love an ornate carved wooden gold leaf frame as much as the next person, but if you want hot pink metal for your modern art, go wild.  Despite this design-sense liberality I had never sought out orange colored frames, much less orange plastic.  Confession, I did not take this small orange frame when I saw it at le dump this summer, I just didn't see it fitting on the blue or cream colored walls anywhere.  Creative Roommate snagged it when she accompanied me at a later date, and I'm glad she did.  Orange and blue are complementary colors, a good thing to remember.

Small and brightly colored? Sounds like a songbird, and that is just what she painted to fit inside.
Moth noms!

Songbirds, yes, but they are eating instead of singing, it is for the kitchen after all.


Happy freestyling, and don't be afraid of orange, after all 2012 is the year of Tangerine Tango. Enjoy it.