Tuesday, November 13, 2012

@Friends' - Blue planter finds a happy new home

Towards the end of summer/early autumn I went on a little plant-gifting and reorganizing spree.  Hoarding is not something I want to do, unless it is with local honey, because honey doesn't go bad, it is delicious, and has reputed antibacterial properties, they use it on turtles at the aquarium that come in with cuts..... Wait, what was I writing about? The awesome power of honey? No, no, plants, plants! Bring it back to earth. Right. In an effort to weed out my collection* I started foisting plants and plant pots on to my willing (or so they seemed) friends under the guise of 'gifts.'

One of these friends, 'Lady K,' was over while I was in the middle of a plant-splitting and re-potting session.  Just to set the scene, any re-potting session usually involves me sitting on the kitchen floor, surrounded by a mini-jungle, dirt in both bags and open piles, planters piled up within arms reach, all the while holding a knife and staring intently at root balls and rhizomes.  It is actually very satisfying, afterwards I feel like a plant surgeon. Lady K, who was there to see her boyfriend, not me, casually mentioned that she was looking to expand her plant collection and before you could say boo! I had wrapped up some Sansevieria trifasciata cuttings, placed them in a large blue pot, and told her how happy they would be to grow under her care.  And I was right, again.  She recently sent me a picture of the plant in its new home.


So be careful what you casually mention in the presence of a freestyler, you just might find yourself the recipient of the perfect item for your home / office / wardrobe, for free!

P.S. Without plants where would be no honey, so make your world a bee-friendly place.

*pun intended