Monday, November 5, 2012

We all *softly* scream for FREE ice cream

Don't get all icked out from reading the title of this post, I did not find free ice cream on the sidewalk. I just had to use the sidewalk to get to the happy place known as Toscanini's, on the last Friday of October.  As part of the Green Streets Initiative participating Cambridge merchants given discounts or special perks to people who commute car free.   All you have to do is check in and follow the prompts to get the QR code that you can then show to redeem your discounts.

I had to walk to the T and take it to school and back that day, because my bike had been stolen the night before. :(  Actually it was boyfriend's bike & lock that I have been using, he wasn't upset, but still.  Sadness. I looked around in disbelief for a bit, then decided I might as well take a walk since it was sunny and I needed a study break.


Did the free cardamom-and-pistachio ice cream restore my faith in humanity?  Can happiness be found in a micro-scoop of Kulfi (aka kuhlfee) goodness?  Yes.

So on the next Friday of the month, get out of your car, and then claim your reward, hopefully a delicious delicious reward.  Happy freestyling.