Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Mid-century chair pair

I found this lovely pair of chairs quite a while ago, real wood with intact upholstery.




They appear similar in style to a Danish modern wishbone chair. I'm no mid-century furniture expert, feel free to provide other information.

The upholstery is a bit dated, so for a while they sat with blankets and other cushions on top. Then I finally got some spare time and decided to get out the staple gun and do this project.
As I was laying different pieces of available funiture on top this piece of gray cushion cover stood out as the one with the right amount of contrast.  Yes, of course it was free fabric, I just didn't post anything about it earlier.


















Once I decided on the fabric the actual project went pretty quickly.

Laying out the fabric.


Making sure there was enough for two chair covers.

 Wrapping the seat to take advantage of the existing seams in the fabric.


Double checking one last time before cutting....

The longest delay was from the staple gun getting jammed, but now I know how to disassmble the staple gun and remove jammed staples! Educational experience!

So after about 30 minutes of fiddling and stapling I had a newly recovered pair of chairs.  The grey goes well with the couch. 

[[I did the recovering in October, but only now getting around to posting this in February, oops!]]

Here is how the chairs look now with their new seat covers and some colorful pillows.


 

I'm very pleased with their airy look and the contrast of the grey and wood.
Happy freestyling!