Sunday, August 19, 2012

Suspected Stoneware

Found: White ceramic, stoneware-feel, planter. Hallmark: that big flower delivery service, made in China.
Location: Cambridge DPW shelf
Original Condition: Slightly soiled. (pun intended!)

I love stoneware, the smooth-but-not-slick feel of it, the way it looks almost soft. I'm always happy to find these kind of pieces, and even though this one wasn't marked as such, I'm calling it stoneware.
Here is a pic after this little beauty got home, had a good scrubbing, and I repotted a trio of jades to fit inside.

This freestyle find became part of mega plant giveaway #2.  I had been growing the jade cuttings for a few months, and they were very happy in my windowsill.  Now they are very happy in their pretty planter in another Cambridge apartment. Passing on the freestyle!