Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Freestyle A Room, The Challenge

When I first got word that a dear friend was moving to Cambridge to attend grad school I went into extra-search mode.  I also wondered, would it be possible to freestyle an entire bedroom? (Except for the mattress of course, I do draw the line at mystery mattresses)  Second only to free food, free durable goods are a grad student's favorite gift.  So I started scouting with dear friend in mind -she appreciates things quirky, handmade, and of-bargain-origin, so I knew freestyle origins would not disqualify anything good that I found.

Here is the list of objects I thought to collect:
-desk
-desk lamp
-other light fixtures as needed
-dresser
-bedside table
-metal bed frame, full or queen size
-mirror
-hangers for closet
-shelving, (for closet or bedroom)

Here was/is my searching area.
Cambridge is faintly outlined with a pink strip and dashed grey line in the map above.

What was I able to find to outfit this ~10ft x 10ft bedroom? And how much money was saved?
Stay tuned for the results of the freestyle challenge.