Monday, June 9, 2014

NQF: From off-white to bold and blue-tiful

Falling in to the Not Quite Free (NQF) category, this $5 purchase from a thrift store originally caught my eye because of the nice scroll/vine detail around the edge. In the picture below there is no glass in the frame, maybe that is why it was so affordable.


Nice curves
I had recently learned that you can get mirrors cut to size at many hardware stores, so this was my 'make a mirror' experiment. I also spray painted the frame with a few light coats of a bold royal blue in a gloss finish.

Here's looking at blue

The mirror insert makes the frame heavier than if it just had a glass frontpiece.  When hanging on the wall I use two small nails through the attached triangular hangers on the back of the frame (with extra measuring to make sure it hangs level).


I think it reflects my style nicely.

Happy freestyling, upcycling, or just plain re-styling!