Friday, July 13, 2018

Freestyle A Room - 2018 Challenge - Part 1

Years ago, in a different city, in different state, I learned that a friend would be moving to town with no furniture in tow. Thus the 'freestyle a room' self-imposed challenge was born.  It turned out well, the fish picture on canvas still ranks as one of the most awesome freestyle finds to date.


However, my consistency in blogging about the whole 'freestyle challenge' thing was somewhat haphazard, or so it seems across the mists of time.

So when I learned that a new (different) friend would be moving to my city and didn't want to bring much furniture (save for a mattress) with them I thought, "aha! My second chance for freestyling a room!". So here it goes. 

My goal is to find, find and remake, or otherwise acquire (legally!) for free the following items:
-bedframe
-lighting
-storage solutions
-desk and chair

Luckily at the time of writing this I've already found the first item on my list! See how I set myself up for success?

Before I knew about the challenge I found a foldable metal platform bed frame, with attachment pieces included.  These metal platform frames are really convenient because they fold up small enough to fit in the trunk of a regular car, no SUV or truck needed to move them. Also they are lightweight, I can carry each piece with one hand.


When buying new these frames sell for around $100, depending on the size. The only thing this cost me was a cab ride home, some things are a bit too large to fit on a bike.

The bedframe is now in place in it's new home, which in a super-convenient turn of events happens to be a place nearby.  The adventure continues.

Happy freestyling.