Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Freestyle A Room - 2018 Challenge - Part 2

The room to be furnished as part of this challenge is not exceptionally large, but it is well-proportioned with expansive windows.  Wanting to take advantage of these windows, I've been looking for storage piece (shelving or dresser) that would fit under the windows and not block the tree-filler view.

I had an option of black metal metro-style shelving.  This is such a useful products because it is easy to adjust the shelf height, easy to disassemble and move, and could work with the 'industrial chic' style.  Later I came across some white MDF small shelves, they were small and free so I took them to see if they would work, and they would have been ok too.

However, fortune continues to favor this challenge because I discovered that a neighbor was giving away a 6-drawer dresser in the perfect height.   My first glimpse of it in person was through some chicken wire. Perfect.


As promised by the generous donor it was in good condition, and lightweight enough so that two people could easily move the carcass and drawers separately.  How much more could you ask for? 

So far this challenge has acquired:
- bed frame
- dresser as storage solution

The challenge is still waiting on the perfect finds for:
-desk and chair
-lighting (although I might find some acceptable pieces in my random stockpile of lamps. Seriously, do you need one?)

I haven't even considered artwork as part of this challenge, but if something unique and quirky pops up that would be icing on the caaaaaaake.

Happy freestyling.