Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Vaquero Dorado

A few weeks ago a neighbor told me that their building was having a 'yard sale'. Interesting. What happens after yard sales? People throw out the stuff that didn't sell! Naturally I made a point to walk by their trash area later that day, early enough so that I had the benefit of daylight.
Trash rustling is so much more respectable in the sun... 

You might even come across a dreamboat like this.


Who could resist??? 
Unbroken glass and an intact wooden frame with interesting texture, thank you yard sale.


 The dark red-brown with gold didn't really match my style, but I knew with gold paint it could have a whole new life.

After careful disassembly it was time to get to work. Also I found some matting behind El Vaquero, so the plot thickens, what did this frame hold before?

  I had applied a few coats of Antique Iridescent Gold on the frame when a friend stopped by, and naturally anyone who comes over gets an eyeful of my latest project(s).  She has an upcoming wedding and needed something to hold a WELCOME sign, hmm, gold frame anyone?  Not having any particular plan other than a future of gilded solitude I said, "adieu" to the frame with best wishes for a brighter future.


Hopefully he makes it to the wedding on time!

Happy freestyling.